David P. Luci, CPA, Esq.
Co-Founder & Managing Partner
- Former CEO of Dipexium, a pharmaceutical company focused on Ph3 clinical development of an antimicrobial peptide for diabetic foot infection.
- Responsibilities include capital raising efforts, investor relations, public relations, corporate development, business development, legal and finance activities more than seven years as CEO of Dipexium Pharmaceuticals in the antimicrobial/wound care area (Nasdaq: DPRX) as well as more than five years at Bioenvision (Nasdaq: BIVN) serving in roles as CFO, General Counsel and Executive Vice President.
- Raised over $180 million in equity financing as CEO or CFO of 4 public and 2 non-public pharmaceutical companies including approximately $70 million as CEO of Dipexium.
- Obtained analyst coverage by 9 Wall Street brokerage firms (3 firms at Dipexium; 6 firms at Bioenvision), including JP Morgan, UBS, CIBC, FBR, Raymond James, Feltl & Co. and Oppenheimer. Dipexium experience included three “Buy” or Strong Buy” recommendations.
- Led 4 public offerings, including two IPO’s with two Nasdaq listings) and two secondary offerings (one Amex listing) in addition to 10 to 12 private equity offerings.
- Led three in-licensing or out-licensing opportunities; negotiated the sale of Bioenvision (Nasdaq: BIVN) to Genzyme for $345 million and merger of Dipexium with PLx Pharma ($69 million).
- Currently serves as Chairman of the Board of Directors of Ameri Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: AMRH). Previously served on the Board of Directors of Abeona Therapeutics (Nasdaq: ABEO), PLx Pharma Inc. (Nasdaq: PLXP) and Dipexium Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: DPRX). Member, Steering Committee for the worldwide development of a leukemia drug with two members from Genzyme.
- Mr. Luci is a CPA in the State of Pennsylvania (Inactive) and a corporate lawyer and is a graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Accounting) from Bucknell University and a J.D. (Cum Laude) from Albany Law School of Union University.
Robert J. DeLuccia
Co-Founder & Managing Partner
- Former Executive Chairman of Dipexium, a pharmaceutical company focused on Ph3 clinical development of an antimicrobial peptide for diabetic foot infection.
- Responsibilities included all CMC, pre-clinical/clinical and regulatory activities, including direct liaison to FDA on all regulatory matters for multiple product candidates.
- Over 45 years executive experience in the pharmaceutical industry involving sales, marketing, manufacturing and new product development with global pharmaceutical companies (Pfizer and Sanofi). Held senior executive positions in both companies and also CEO of two publicly (NASDAQ) traded biopharmaceutical companies (Immunomedics, Inc. and MacroChem CORP).
- Areas of experience include new product introductions and drug development in the following areas: Antibiotics and antidiabetic agents: (amifloxacin, doxycycline, bacampicillin, cefaperazone, chlorpropamide and glypizide); Cardiovasculars: antiypertensive, heart failure, diagnostic contrast media, clopidogrel (antiplatelet agent).
- Other: antianxiety/antidepression.
- Topical new drug development areas include: creams/gels/liquids for erectile dysfunction, testosterone, onychomycosis and diabetic foot infection/wound care.
- Lead Director of Board of Directors of IBEX Pharmaceuticals, a publicly-traded (IBT-TSX), Montreal-based company involved in the manufacture and marketing of proteins for biomedical use (Including Heparinase I for monitoring hemostasis in presence of anticoagulants). IBEX also manufactures arthritis assays, which are widely used in osteoarthritis research.
- Mr. DeLuccia received his undergraduate and MBA degree from Iona College, N.Y..